Monday, September 3, 2012

27 Weeks


27 Weeks!

Weight Gain: 0 pounds this week (16 pounds total)

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I hit a sale at Target today and bought a dress, two shirts, a tank and yoga pants. I also bought a non-maternity LSU dress from Academy that has an empire waist and fits super cute! I can't wait to wear it for tailgating!

Sleep: I'm sleeping better, but I still have my good nights and bad nights.

Food: Jolie is still making Mommy crave sweets!

Movement: Jolie is quite the little gymnast! She is always on the move! Sunday while we were in church, she was all over the place! Mom, Ellen, Derek and I were all staring at my belly during the whole mass just watching her move! Maybe she likes church? What an awesome thing!

Gender: Girl! We cannot wait to meet our little Jolie! She is going to be so spoiled!!

Symptoms: I'm still having terrible heartburn. I'm taking my Zantac twice per day and TUMS as needed. I have a check up tomorrow. I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow. My acne is getting better. Also, Derek bought be a Clarisonic Mia facial cleansing brush for my birthday. That thing is AMAZING! Hopefully that will help keep my skin clear. This week I have also had some mild contractions. They are not painful, just a tensing and pressure for a few seconds and then it releases/relaxes. It freaked me out the first time, but I'm used to it now. It only happens once or twice per day. My belly continues to grow and grow and grow! It feels bigger each day! My belly button is also getting flat...it's still an "innie" for now, but I'm not sure it will stay that way for long!

This week was very busy and stressful. We came back from vacation Monday and then had to prepare for Hurricane Isaac. I had to work on Tuesday until about 3 pm. Then we just weathered the storm. Wednesday, the day the hurricane hit, was my birthday. We just hung out around the house and watched the storm. Our power went out around 2 pm, so we took naps! We ended up sleeping at Eric and Amy's house Wednesday night since they had power. Thursday I had to work for a few hours once the power was restored at the clinic. Thursday night we got our power back and we were very thankful to sleep in our own bed! Friday we cleaned up around the house and then went to Texas de Brazil for my birthday dinner. It was delicious!! Saturday morning we headed to Houma. We had a nice relaxing weekend at home. Last night my daddy cooked steaks for me for my birthday! They were soooo good... better than any restaurant! Today we headed home and painted the nursery!!! Stay tuned for pics of that as we begin putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment