Sunday, November 25, 2012

39 Weeks


39 Weeks!

I had my check up on Tuesday and I was hoping for some progress. I was disappointed to learn that I was still only a "finger tip" dilated (1 cm or less) and still firm/closed. So no progress really. But everything else was good. My blood pressure was good and I'm measuring on track. Jolie's heart rate was 147 and still nice and strong. I go again this coming Tuesday.

Weight Gain: 4 pounds this week (37 pounds total) - I have had some increased swelling in my legs and feet...so I think most of this weight gain is fluid retention.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity...my sweatpants and yoga pants are my favorites! Derek has been a wonderful hubby in helping my put my socks on...it's just too hard to do on my own!

Sleep: Sleep is still hit or miss. I still wake up every hour or two needing to change position. I was able to take a fabulous 2 hour nap on Thursday after Thanksgiving lunch.

Food: Jolie is still making Mommy crave sweets! I'm always hungry!!! 

Movement: Jolie is still a wiggle worm! She is always on the move! I love watching my belly move! This week she has been kicking and scraping her little foot along my right side...I think she is trying to find her way out!

Gender: Girl! We cannot wait to meet our little Jolie! She is going to be so spoiled!! 

Symptoms: This week my legs and feet are sore and slightly swollen. My hips continue to be sore, especially at night. My heartburn has been hit or miss. My belly is stretched to the max and quite firm. I have been having more Braxton Hicks contractions and some mild cramping. And just general discomfort...it's getting harder each day to move around and do simple everyday things like getting off the couch, squatting or bending over. But overall, I really cannot complain. I am still feeling pretty good considering I'm 9 months pregnant!

This week flew by. I continued to work and was off on Thursday for Thanksgiving. Wednesday night Derek's parents came visit. I had some ground meat that I had defrosted to cook some chili to freeze. So Wednesday night I cooked a chili and Ms. Donna taught me how to make her meatloaf (Derek's all time favorite). Now we have 2 bags of gumbo (from last week), 3 bags of chili, and 2 meatloafs frozen for quick meals in the next few weeks. Thursday was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. Ms. Donna cooked and I was able to just relax all day. It was very nice. Yesterday my mom and dad came to visit for the day and show off dad's new mustang! It was a nice visit. Last night I started decorating for Christmas.

Here are a few pics of Jolie's nursery:
Crib

Window and paintings from Joy

Dresser

Changing Table (All of the things on top are now in my car ready to go for Jolie's arrival.)


Here are a few pictures of Christmas Decor:
Cinnamon Stick Wreath (Thanks to Pinterest and Liz!)

Christmas Tree (I have another Pinterest project in mind for the tree skirt.)

Fireplace/Mantle






1 comment:

  1. I think Jolie is very comfy in there mama! She still looks so high- no wonder you are so uncomfortable! Don't worry, she will come when she is ready (but hopefully that's sooner than later!) :)

    ReplyDelete