40 Weeks!
Last Wednesday I had my weekly check up. I was at 1 cm and firm, but 70% effaced. He told me to do some walking to get the show on the road! He said that he was on call for the weekend, and I scheduled an appointment for Monday for an ultrasound if nothing happened over the weekend. Pending the appointment on Monday, we would have probably induced on Tuesday. So I walked all of Walmart Wednesday night. Thursday I went to work as usual. I got off early and went for a long walk in the neighborhood. Thursday night I had some inconsistent contractions. Then ON MY DUE DATE I woke up Friday morning at 3:30 am with contractions! I will write the complete birth story in my next post.
Weight Gain: -18 pounds 6 days after birth
Maternity Clothes: Yoga pants and nursing tanks...comfy stuff.
Sleep: Sleep is MUCH more comfortable...when I can get it. Jolie is not quite in a routine yet. We are up every few hours with her, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Food: I still have a pretty hefty appetite. Right after I had her on Friday, They brought me a hamburger for supper and I DEVOURED it! I was starving from having not eaten all day.
Movement: Jolie is still a wiggle worm! She is always on the move! Nothing has changed now that she is here. That girl likes to move!
Symptoms: Feeling really good. I was sore (obviously) the first few days, but am feeling better and better each day. A little sleep deprived, but that goes with the territory of being a new mommy.
My next post will be her birth story with plenty of pics...I promise!
Here is my favorite picture of her so far...this was take while we were taking my 40 week pictures. Daddy caught a smile!!!


A cheeseburger was my supper of choice after having Trey. I also HAD to have fries, mac and cheese and a real coke. Do you know how long its been since I have had a real coke. No cravings during pregnancy, but I get them after delivery?! How funny!! :)
ReplyDelete