38 Weeks!
I had another check-up on Wednesday of this week. I'm "barely a finger tip" dilated and my cervix is still firm (so not much progress). Jolie's heart rate was nice and strong at 142 bpm. I will go again this Tuesday. I asked about what happens if I go past 40 weeks. He said that he does not force induction until 42 weeks. So if I go past 40 we will do an ultrasound to make sure she is ok and has enough amniotic fluid. And then we wait.
Weight Gain: 1 pound this week (33 pounds total)
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity...my sweatpants and yoga pants are my favorites! My maternity jeans are starting to get very uncomfortable.
Sleep: Sleep was a little better this week. I had two nights where I was able to sleep in good 3 hour blocks instead of waking up every hour. Last night I slept for 5 hours straight!! It felt soooo good!
Food: Jolie is still making Mommy crave sweets! I'm always hungry!!! I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving food on Thursday! Derek's parents are coming to our house to cook us Thanksgiving lunch (as long as we aren't at the hospital).
Movement: Jolie is still a wiggle worm! She is always on the move! I love watching my belly move! Here are a few videos from this week:
Gender: Girl! We cannot wait to meet our little Jolie! She is going to be so spoiled!!
Symptoms: This week I am definitely feeling more pressure in my pelvis. She has dropped quite a bit. It's strange though that the left side of my pelvis and groin is sore but not the right. My belly is also stretched to the max and very hard. I now have a little cluster of stretch marks on each side right above my hip bones. I have still been having Braxton Hicks contractions but they are sporadic. I do get increased cramping and mild contractions when I over-do it. (Like after I cleaned the whole laundry room ceiling to floor yesterday.) I'm also just generally tired. And it's getting a little harder and more uncomfortable to move around. Especially bending over, squatting or trying to get off the couch!
Last night we went to White Light Night in Mid-City Baton Rouge with Tanya, Paul and Peyton. It was fun! Beautiful weather! It was a TON of walking though. I was following the nurses advice to get things going by walking this weekend. By the end of the evening though my hips were sore and my feet were beginning to hurt. Derek went to the LSU vs. Ole Miss game with Steven today. I'm just spending the day being lazy and watching my Tigers! Tomorrow my mom, sisters, grandma, aunts and cousins are coming to visit and see the nursery. I'm excited to see everyone!
As far as work goes, I plan to continue working until she comes! I couldn't imagine sitting at home just waiting. It would drive me nuts! So even though I'm moving slow, I'm still there!

No comments:
Post a Comment