Friday, June 22, 2012

17 Weeks


17 Weeks!


I had another OB check-up on  Monday. Everything was good! He was not concerned about my lack of weight gain. He said just keep eating and it will all balance out. The little one's heart beat was nice and strong at 154 bpm (beats per minute). AND he is an amazing doctor and is letting me come in for my anatomy scan a few days earlier!! We go on July 9th for the anatomy ultrasound to make sure Baby B is on track with development and of course to find out the gender!! Hopefully he/she cooperates and gives us a peek!


Weight Gain: about 1 pound total

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing most of my own clothes...although they are fitting differently. I ordered some maternity dress pants from Old Navy, but they did not fit.

Sleep: I did not sleep well at all this week because of my sinus congestion. Poor Derek....I'm sure I have been snoring up a storm!

Food: Thursday I brought leftover baked chicken breast for lunch and could not even look at it without gagging. Very weird!

Movement: I have felt a few little flutters this week, but no big movements.

Gender: Still getting a strong girl vibe... so are my parents....We shall see on July 9th!!!

Symptoms: Still feeling good...well except for this sinus congestion! Lots of stretching and growing going on this week. My belly was not quite as itchy this week (Thank God!). One new symptom this week has been joint laxity and instability in my sacroiliac joints (Say what???). For you non-PT's, the joints between my sacrum (base of spine) and pelvis are shifting and moving with every step....all thanks to that lovely hormone known as relaxin. During pregnancy, your body releases this hormone to prepare the body for changes and pelvic flexibility for the birthing process. So unfortunately, this is starting early for me. Lucky for me, I'm a PT! And I have an amazing boss (PT) who promised to take care of me. We are ordering me a support belt to wear while working or when on my feet for a while. I will also start focusing on my Pilates and core stabilization. As for my "bump," it continues to disappear and reappear randomly. Sunday and Wednesday it was there all day. Other days my tummy is flat as can be in the morning and then gradually appears throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. Em, you look GREAT!!! (pee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pee! I'm still waiting to have a cute bump like Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete