Sunday, June 10, 2012

15 Weeks

15 Weeks!


Weight Gain: about 1 pound total

Maternity Clothes: I have not actually worn any maternity clothes yet, but it's getting close. I had to use the "rubberband" trick for the first time Thursday with my favorite khaki pants. I went to Target today and bought a pair of dress-denim maternity shorts and a Belly Band. I was lucky enough to have fabulous friends that handed down their maternity clothes to me. A few weeks ago I went through all 3 rubbermaid containers and ended up with 1 bin of stuff I thought would fit and that I liked. Today I tried it all on....and boy did I rack up! Here's what I ended up with: 2 dresses, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, a jean skirt, a pair of light teal capris, 3 long sleeve shirts, 2 3/4-sleeve shirts, 2 polos, 2 cardigans, 4 short sleeve shirts and 4 summer/sleeveless shirts! Now if only my bump would just appear.....

Sleep: Sleeping better except for my nightly potty break....

Food: Very sensitive to smells this week. It seems like when I'm hungry I am STARVING, but when I actually sit down to eat, I can eat very little. So I have been snacking a lot instead.

Movement: YES!!!! The highlight of my week was Friday around noon. I was leaving work and heading to Lane to see my Friday afternoon pediatric patient. As I was driving, I felt Baby B do a flip! I was shocked and in disbelief! And then it happened again! It's a very hard feeling to describe....but it was AMAZING! I felt the same thing once today while I was driving back to Central. So only 5 more weeks until we find out if we have a little gymnast like mommy or a back-flipping baseball player like daddy and his all-time favorite Ozzie Smith!!!

Gender: Still getting a strong girl vibe... so are my parents....we shall see in 5 weeks!

Symptoms: Feeling good! Lots of stretching and growing going on! And a super itchy belly!!! My "bump" if you want to call it that just won't seem to stick...I have a flat tummy in the morning and then it grows throughout the day. Some days it's noticeable and some days it has vanished. But I am definitely feeling the changes.

Here are some pictures from our beach vacation last week:
Uncle Derek reading to Cole

Ready for the beach!

Katie and I

The Girls

He LOVED the sand!

Couldn't you just eat him up???

He LOVED the water too!!

Family (including Baby B!)

Anderson's



Brothers

Brotherly Love

Happy Baby

Bonvillain's

Baby B!

Same pose as our last beach pics right before we got engaged

Mom and Dad

Original Calhoun's

El and Saul

Baby B bump on the beach!

The Crew

Sisters

2 comments:

  1. The beach pics are so beautiful! You look STUNNING! I was so lazy this weekend with my post...Oops... I'll have to get on that tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your weekly posts. Thanks for sharing your journey to parenthood! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete