24 Weeks!
Weight Gain: 1 pound this week (10 pounds total)
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I have had to start retiring my pre-pregnancy tops that are getting a little too snug. My patients are commenting daily on my growing bump! Many of them didn't even realize I was pregnant! And they are shocked when I tell them I'm 6 months along.
Sleep: I'm sleeping better, but I still have my good nights and bad nights.
Food: Jolie is still making Mommy crave sweets!
Movement: Jolie is quite the little gymnast! She is always on the move! Last night right before bed, Derek got to feel Jolie kick! He said, "That was her?!" I couldn't see his face, but I know it made him smile. He was very excited to finally feel a real kick!
Gender: Girl! We cannot wait to meet our little Jolie! She is going to be so spoiled!!
Symptoms: The heartburn is hit or miss. Some days are better than others. Last night it kept me up most of the night. My bump is definitely growing daily! I got fitted for my bridesmaid dress alterations today. I'm so nervous! But the seamstress swore it will fit for next Saturday. Cross your fingers!!!
This week flew by! It was also an emotional week. MawMaw Peggy has been battling cancer for the past year or so and was deteriorating quickly. She passed away peacefully early Thursday morning. Even though it was expected, it is still very hard to say goodbye. My mom called me early that morning and I spent some time with Derek just holding me while the tears flowed. MawMaw Peggy was such a strong and incredible person. Her spirit and zest for life was amazing. She never showed fear or anxiety about what she was going through. She was so strong and so positive, even in the end. She had an amazing faith and I know that this helped her to stay strong in the face of death. She is truly an inspiration and a wonderful example in my life. She is loved and will be missed. I am sad that Jolie will not get a chance to know her, but I know she will be a very special angel watching over us.
Jolie's name actually has a very special meaning to me. Of course I love the name and it's literal meaning (pretty in French), but there is a special story behind it. This is the perfect time to share. As a child I can remember going to PawPaw Wootsie and MawMaw Peggy's house and playing with my cousins and our special toys like the tug boat and one very special baby doll. "Jolie Blanc" (Pretty Blonde) was our baby doll that lived at Maw and Paw's. We shared her between all the cousins and I never remember arguing over her. Here she is:
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I have had to start retiring my pre-pregnancy tops that are getting a little too snug. My patients are commenting daily on my growing bump! Many of them didn't even realize I was pregnant! And they are shocked when I tell them I'm 6 months along.
Sleep: I'm sleeping better, but I still have my good nights and bad nights.
Food: Jolie is still making Mommy crave sweets!
Movement: Jolie is quite the little gymnast! She is always on the move! Last night right before bed, Derek got to feel Jolie kick! He said, "That was her?!" I couldn't see his face, but I know it made him smile. He was very excited to finally feel a real kick!
Gender: Girl! We cannot wait to meet our little Jolie! She is going to be so spoiled!!
Symptoms: The heartburn is hit or miss. Some days are better than others. Last night it kept me up most of the night. My bump is definitely growing daily! I got fitted for my bridesmaid dress alterations today. I'm so nervous! But the seamstress swore it will fit for next Saturday. Cross your fingers!!!
This week flew by! It was also an emotional week. MawMaw Peggy has been battling cancer for the past year or so and was deteriorating quickly. She passed away peacefully early Thursday morning. Even though it was expected, it is still very hard to say goodbye. My mom called me early that morning and I spent some time with Derek just holding me while the tears flowed. MawMaw Peggy was such a strong and incredible person. Her spirit and zest for life was amazing. She never showed fear or anxiety about what she was going through. She was so strong and so positive, even in the end. She had an amazing faith and I know that this helped her to stay strong in the face of death. She is truly an inspiration and a wonderful example in my life. She is loved and will be missed. I am sad that Jolie will not get a chance to know her, but I know she will be a very special angel watching over us.
Jolie's name actually has a very special meaning to me. Of course I love the name and it's literal meaning (pretty in French), but there is a special story behind it. This is the perfect time to share. As a child I can remember going to PawPaw Wootsie and MawMaw Peggy's house and playing with my cousins and our special toys like the tug boat and one very special baby doll. "Jolie Blanc" (Pretty Blonde) was our baby doll that lived at Maw and Paw's. We shared her between all the cousins and I never remember arguing over her. Here she is:
Jolie Blanc
My mom says that she has been around since the 1970's. PawPaw Wootsie bought it from Aunt Cat Cenac at the St. Gregory May Day Fair. I hope to learn more about her so that I can pass on the history to Jolie someday.
When we told PawPaw Wootsie and MawMaw Peggy that we had chosen Jolie Nicole for our baby girl, they were both very excited and immediately said they needed to find Jolie Blanc and clean her up for me. I was very touched when they decided to give her to me for my little girl. It's so special to me. In the past few weeks, as MawMaw's health was declining, she was still concerned with finding Jolie Blanc. Monday of this week, as sick as she was, she was still worried about finding her. MawMaw's sitter asked my mom to help her find the doll. They searched and searched the house and found it in the closet with some blankets in "boy's room" upstairs. When my mom brought her downstairs and gave her to MawMaw Peggy, she said Maw just held her for a while as they visited. That just makes Jolie Blanc just that much more special to me.
I plan on finding a special place in Jolie's room for Jolie Blanc. I can't wait to explain to her how special this old doll really is to her mommy.

Your turn to make a preggo cry! I know MawMaw Peggy will be extremely missed but you're right, Jolie will have a very special angel. Love love love the story about Jolie Blanc and I know your Jolie will treasure her as well.
ReplyDelete