Saturday, May 11, 2013

5 Months

5 Months


Growth: No official stats this month, but our rough estimates are 11 pounds 8 ounces and 25 inches long. She is definitely filling out and getting longer. She is now wearing size 2 diapers. She is in between sizes right now. She is wearing 3 month, 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. I can judge her growth best by her pajamas...when they get too short we know its time to move on up!

Food: Yay for 5 months of breastfeeding! Our day starts with a nursing session before daycare/work. Jolie gets 3 - 5 ounce bottles at daycare. They also started feeding her cereal once in the morning at daycare. It has helped her to last longer between bottles. She now goes 3-4 hours between bottles vs 2-3 hours. When I get home in the afternoon, she nurses again and throughout the evening. She is doing well with nursing, except when we are away from home. She gets very distracted and stressed out. She sometimes refuses to nurse. But we are working on it, and we usually bring a bottle with us just in case.  She is also attempting to hold her bottle. She doesn't quite have the hang of it yet, but it won't be long. We also started her on vegetables this week. I have decided to make her food myself to save money and ensure that she is getting nutritious food without all those preservatives. So far she has had avocado, sweet potato and carrots. She has loved all three. For now we give her oatmeal or rice cereal with a vegetable in the evening.
Avocado! First Veggie!





Sleep: Jolie is still not sleeping through the night. She still wakes once per night to nurse usually between 1-2 am. I have thought about trying to cut out this nursing session by just soothing her or rocking her or (I hate to even say this) let her "cry it out." But, she still eats really well at this feeding - it is actually her best nursing session of the day. I'm used to that nightly nursing session and I know she will cut it on her own when she is ready. She no longer sleeps on her side. She immediately rolls to her tummy and pulls her legs up underneath her. She sleeps with her little booty up in the air! SOOO cute!



Daily Routine: The mornings are getting easier! I still do not enjoy waking up at 5 am, but I guess that is life. She usually wakes up between 4:30 - 6. I shower and dress either before or after feeding her. This week I have had to actually wake her up at 6 to nurse her before we leave the house. We also have a good bedtime routine going. We bathe her around 8:30 or 9 before her last nursing session before bed between 10-11. We have tried to move her bedtime up, but if she goes to bed before 9-9:30, she tends to wake twice in the night around 12 and 3.

Loves her baths!!!

 

 

Nicknames: Tootie Bug, Toot Toot, Baby Girl, Sweet Pea, Angel, Sweet Girl

Personality: She is such a ham!! This girl cracks me up! She makes the most adorable faces ever! She has also started laughing more often and harder. She is always smiling, cooing and talking.




Motor Milestones: This girl is now on the move! There is no stopping her now! She is a rolling pro and enjoys playing on the floor with her toys. She has also started scooting. She gets up on her hands and knees and launches herself forward. She is still teething but still no teeth. She drools like crazy and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!
She loves her Sophie the Giraffe! 


And Miller Lite apparently....

Here are few more of my favorite pictures from this past month:
Anne and Ben's Wedding

Snuggles with Paw Paw

Easter

Cole's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party



" I want some chicken, Mommy."

"And some wine..."






1 comment:

  1. She and trey could be twins with the way they sleep. I can't believe how much our babies have grown in just 5 months! Happy 1st Mother's Day! We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete