Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6 Months

6 Months!

Growth: Here are her stats from her Dr. appointment today: 14 pounds 8 ounces and 25 inches long. She is in the 25% for weight and 10% for height. She is definitely filling out and getting longer. She is wearing size 2 diapers. She is wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. I can judge her growth best by her pajamas...when they get too short we know its time to move on up!

Food: Yay for 6 months of breastfeeding! Our day starts with a nursing session before daycare/work. Jolie gets 3 - 5 ounce bottles at daycare. They also started feeding her cereal once in the morning at daycare. It has helped her to last longer between bottles. She now goes 3-4 hours between bottles vs 2-3 hours. When I get home in the afternoon, she nurses again and throughout the evening.  She is still attempting to hold her bottle. She doesn't quite have the hang of it yet, but it won't be long. In the evening, she eats a veggie with some oatmeal. This girl loves her food! So far she has had avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, butternut squash, zucchini and banana. She has enjoyed every bite! Last weekend, Jolie and I went to Southside Produce to get some fresh fruits and veggies. I made her some more baby food - apples, pears, yellow squash, zucchini, and beets (yes beets - they are super nutritious!). I also bought some more carrots and frozen peas to make for later. I also bought some frozen mixed fruit to put in her mesh feeder for a cool treat.

Sleep: Jolie slept all night 2 nights this week! She has been doing better overall with sleep. She still doesn't go to sleep until 9 or 10, but she has been sleeping until around 4. At 4 I have been just rocking/soothing her instead of feeding her. She has been doing great with this. So I think we are on the road to good sleep, FINALLY! She now consistently sleeps on her tummy with her legs pulled up underneath her. She is also napping better during the day.

Daily Routine: I still do not enjoy waking up at 5 am, but I guess that is life. She usually wakes up between 4:30 - 6. I shower and dress either before or after feeding her. We also have a good bedtime routine going. We bathe her around 8:30 or 9 before her last nursing session before bed between 9:30-11. We have tried to move her bedtime up, but if she goes to bed before 9-9:30, she tends to wake more during the night.

Nicknames: Tootie Bug, Toot Toot, Baby Girl, Sweet Pea, Angel, Sweet Girl

Personality: She is such a ham!! This girl cracks me up! She makes the most adorable faces ever! She has also started laughing more often and harder. She is always smiling, cooing, squealing and talking.



                             

 

 


Motor Milestones: This girl is now on the move! There is no stopping her now! She is a rolling pro and enjoys playing on the floor with her toys. She has also started scooting. She gets up on her hands and knees, rocks and launches herself forward. We are still teething and now have 2 TEETH! They popped out while on vacation in Perdido Key for Memorial Day. She has her two middle teeth on the bottom.


Here are a few other shots from her 6 month photo shoot:





STAY TUNED FOR BEACH PICS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. She looks like such a big girl sitting up in that chair!!!! Can't wait to get these babes together!!

    ReplyDelete