4 Months
Growth: Jolie had her 4 month check up and shots today. She weighs 10 pounds 8 ounces and is 24 inches long! Our doctor said she is perfectly healthy, she is just going to be petite!
Food: Yay for 4 months of breastfeeding! It has not been easy, but it is totally worth it! Two weeks ago we went through a sudden drop in my supply, but I worked really hard at getting it back up and it is almost back to normal. My prayers have been answered in that even with a huge drop I was somehow able to pump the exact amounts she needed for each day at daycare. As far as her milk for daycare, we decided to start sending her bottles already made instead of having to freeze the milk and have them defrost it. She is now eating 5 ounce bottles consistently. This has been working out really well! We have also been giving her cereal once per day in the evenings. She loves it! Our doctor told us today that we can start vegetables whenever we feel she is ready. I would like to wait until 6 months for actual food. I think we will continue with the rice cereal for now and then progress to oatmeal.
Sleep: Jolie is still not sleeping through the night. She still wakes 1-2 times per night to nurse. I spoke to our doctor today about this and he said it is normal for breastfed babies to continue to wake for feedings past 4 months. He said that 7-8 months is actually the norm for sleeping through the night consistently. That made me feel a little better. So hopefully we can all get some sleep one day....
Daily Routine: The mornings are getting easier! I still do not enjoy waking up at 5 am, especially when we have a rough night. Our nightly routine has helped to make an easier morning. I make sure her bottles are prepared and everything is washed and packed for the next day. I also try to pick out clothes for myself and Jolie the night before.
Nicknames: Tootie Bug, Toot Toot, Baby Girl, Sweet Pea, Angel, Sweet Girl
Personality: She is such a ham!! This girl cracks me up! She makes the most adorable faces ever! She has also started laughing more often and harder. She is always smiling, cooing and talking.
Motor Milestones: This girl is now on the move! About 2 weeks ago she rolled from her back to her tummy again (she had done it twice a few weeks ago and never did it again). There is no stopping her now! She is a rolling pro and enjoys playing on the floor with her toys. She is still teething but still no teeth. She drools like crazy and EVERYTHING goes in her mouth!
Here are few other pics from her 4 month pics: (It is so hard to get good pics of this little wiggle worm!)


Love that lil bug! The last picture with her hand in her mouth looks super familiar. :)
ReplyDelete