3 Months
Growth: Since we did not see the doctor this month, we do not have official growth stats. Jolie is roughly 9 1/2 pounds and 23 inches long. She is finally starting to fill out at little. She now has some meat on her bones!!! And she is getting those chubby cheeks back like she had when she was born.
Food: We are still breast feeding! Yay for making it past 3 months! Since returning to work, I have been pumping 2-3 times per day at work and once at home if needed. So far it has worked out great. I usually pump between 12-18 ounces per day. I freeze the milk in 2, 3, and 4 ounce portions as she doesn't always eat the same amount at each feeding at daycare. In the beginning I was sending 5 ounce portions and she was not finishing it. And I am not about to waste milk!!! The girls at daycare said the smaller portions have worked out much better! I feed her when we are at home (usually 2-3 times in the evening, once in the middle of the night and once in the morning before leaving for work/daycare). At daycare she eats 3-4 bottles ranging from 2 to 4 ounces each. Occasionally she will eat a 5 ounce bottle. Also, we started something new Sunday at 14 weeks 2 days old. We tried rice cereal! And Jolie LOVED it! She impressed me with how well she did with the spoon. She got the hang of it after only a few bites!
Jolie has also begun teething. For the past few weeks she has been drooling like crazy. So I checked her gums and sure enough they were hard and white. She has also been chewing on her hands and anything else she can get a hold of. We have been using cold teething toys to help soothe her gums.
Sleep: Jolie was doing so well with sleep, waking only once per night to eat, until last week. She began waking 2-4 times per night. I think it has a lot to do with her teething. It is slowly getting better. Let's hope we can get back to once per night and eventually sleeping through the night.
Daily Routine: Mommy is up at 5 am every day. If Jolie is awake, I feed her and then shower and dress while she sits in her bouncy seat in the bathroom with me. If she is still sleeping, I shower and dress first and then wake her to feed her. We try to leave the house by 6:20 - key word is try. It seems as if her carseat acts as a laxative. She poops nearly every time I get her all buckled in!!! When we finally get out of the door, Mommy brings Jolie to daycare and then heads to work. Daddy picks Jolie up from daycare around 4 and they have daddy-daughter time until Mommy gets home around 5:30. Then our evenings are spent together - soaking up every minute - until we have to start it all over in the morning.
Nicknames: Jo-Jo (given to her by cousin Cole), Tootie Bug (Her teacher at daycare actually calls her this too!), Toot-toot, Sweet Pea, Baby Girl, Princess
Personality: This little girl is a spit-fire already. She is NON-STOP and always on the move. She makes tons of adorable faces. Everyone always comments on how she is such a happy baby...and the truth is that she really is a happy baby! She smiles all the time and is so expressive. She is also talking/cooing up a storm!
Motor Milestones: Jolie is STILL a wiggle worm! Those arms and legs are always moving! She has also learned many new skills in the past month. At 11 weeks and 2 days, Jolie rolled from her back to her stomach! She did it a few times, but has had trouble doing it again. A few days later she began rolling from her stomach to her back. She now knows that when she is tired of tummy time she can just roll over! Tummy time is also going well and she can hold her head up with ease. She pushes up onto her elbows and occasionally onto her hands. She also has improved hand regard and is reaching for toys. She still enjoys standing in our laps. We have also been practicing sitting with some support. We have tried the bumbo seat once, but she is still a little small for it.
I tried really hard to get some 3 month pictures with her sticker...here is what I got:
More interested in her hands...
Surprised!
About to rip off the sticker...




I've been waiting to see this! So sweet. I agree with everyone else about how expressive and happy she is for sure! Happy 3 months- soon to be 4, Jolie!
ReplyDelete