Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weeks 5 to 11

5 WEEKS Pregnant!


This was the first of our journal photos....before I decided I wanted to do the dry erase board. I did not take pictures for weeks 6, 7, or 9. The dry erase pictures will start at week 10.

So here is the scoop...Derek and I found out on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 that we were expecting! We were planning on going into Houma that weekend and were sooo excited to share our news! Even though it was only 3 days away, it was very hard to keep it a secret! Wednesday night I had already made plans to go to dinner and a movie with Megan. So I had to come up with a clever excuse for NOT drinking at HAPPY HOUR! I think Meg found that odd, but she didn't say anything. I told her that last time I drank before going to a movie I almost fell asleep during the movie. Which is true!!! So then Thursday evening I was already committed to go to a Medical Mixer business social with my boss in Baton Rouge. And of course....it was at a BAR!! So I again had to dodge drinking! I'm sure Karl knew something was up... So Friday FINALLY arrived and we headed to Houma. Derek bought a pair of St. Louis Cardinals pacifiers months ago for when the time finally came to tell his parents. They were camping in Patterson and we were planning to go for a visit (even though it was raining and nasty!) So we went to Houma first and decided to tell my parents before heading to Patterson. So I thought they would both be home, so I made Lola a tag and bow that read, "I'm going to be a big sister." She always runs in the house ahead of us anyway. So when we got there, my mom wasn't home yet. So dad got the surprise! We have it on video (I will try to post those later). So then when mom arrived she got the same surprise! They were thrilled! My mom said that she "knew." So then we headed off to Patterson. Derek's dad's birthday was the weekend before, so we had a gift for him already and a "happy" as Ms. Donna calls it...a little gift "just because." Mr. Steve was eating crawfish when we got there. So Ms. Donna offered to open his gifts for him. She opened the actual birthday gift first (the Adele CD - which he was thrilled with by the way!) and then the "happy." We also have this on video. She didn't think there was anything in the bag at first. Then she found the pacifier and her face was PRICELESS!! She looked confused at first and then yelled, "Y'all are pregnant!!???" They both yelled and cried...it was awesome! Derek called his sister, and we told my sisters later that night at my mom's house. Saturday consisted of grandparent visits all day. Everyone was thrilled! Papa Wootsie said it was the best news he has heard all year. Mama De was suspicious because we randomly called to visit her on a Saturday. We then got to meet Tim and Patty's little boy, Sawyer, for the first time. As Derek was holding him, he said, "Guess what, buddy? You are going to have another friend to play with in November." It took Tim and Patty a second to get it. But they were thrilled! We had a crawfish boil that evening at Tim and Patty's and invited John and Angele and their kids over. We tried to get Lily to tell them, but she wouldn't do it. So we just told them! So that weekend, we only told family and close friends. I wasn't ready to tell the world since it was so early on.

8 WEEKS


I had my first doctor's appointment on April 25, 2012. Derek came with me so we could see our little peanut and ask questions. We got to see our little one and hear his/her heart beating strong at 167 beats per minute! What an AMAZING sound! I, of course, started giggling! Derek was in awe the whole time. He gave us a due date of November 30, 2012. We are so excited!
Here is our little peanut!!! All is good!!

I was also thrilled to find out that my old college roomie, Liz, is also pregnant!!! We are 1 DAY apart!! She is due on December 1!!!! How awesome is that!! She also started doing chalk board updates (found on Pinterest) and I borrowed the idea also!

10 WEEKS
A little more pudgy than an actual bump...

Weight Gain: 0 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet... still fit in all of my normal clothes
Sleep: I'm not sleeping well. I just can't seem to get comfortable, and I have to use the bathroom every night at 2 or 3 in the morning.
Food: Baby "B" does NOT like Chinese food. I haven't really had any true cravings yet.
Gender: ????
Movement: Too soon for that!
Symptoms: HEARTBURN! Every single night... TUMS are my new best friend. My tummy is getting a little rounder, but no true "bump" yet. I also get occasional "growing" pains that feel like little pinches. No stretch marks yet...I have been slathering on the cocoa butter daily to hopefully prevent that.


11 WEEKS
Weight Gain: 2 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...however, my "skinny pants" do NOT fit any more!
Sleep: I'm still not sleeping well. Still having to go to the bathroom every night at 2-3 in the morning.
Food: Some smells are making me nauseous. Like the smell of Derek's chicken burger....yuck! I'm craving Italian food...good thing there is a D'Angelo's right down the street!!!
Movement: Not yet...too early
Gender: ???? (but mommy has a feeling it's a girl...)
Symptoms: Still having heart burn. I had a few waves of nausea this week....funny how it just decided to kick in! My tummy is getting firmer and a little rounder.
Favorite moments of the week: Baby "B" went to his/her first 2 concerts this week! Jazzfest on Saturday to see Better Than Ezra (mommy's all time favorite) and the EAGLES!!! And then we went to see Chevelle (one of mommy and daddy's favorite rock bands) at the Varsity. Exciting week!





4 comments:

  1. Your dry erase board is WAY cute! Youre crazy for not liking it at first. So glad we get to share this amazing experience together. See you Sat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to find a place to hang it! I still cannot believe we are in this together! So awesome! And I CANNOT wait to see you this weekend!! Maybe we can take a few 12 week pics together!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I will bring our good camera! ;) love you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete